Sunday 6 July 2014

Caffeine Cafe - Cape Town, Hout Bay

On my mission to try new places and to break from a normal lazy-day-on-the-couch-Saturday-morning, we decided to have breakfast at Mainstream Mall in Hout Bay. Generally, I rarely go to the Mall, but when we do go there for a meal, we pretty much always end up at either Gabriele's or the Cafe inside Woolies. Today we tried Caffeine Cafe.

FOOD - Was very happy that they had eggs Benedict on the menu, and it was delicious! 

Mark opted for the full-house, which isn't really my cup of tea, but looked quite big. He described it as very average - mushrooms were not sauteed (only warmed) and the baked beans and sausages had no real flavour; he was not offered an option for white or brown bread toast, only received four pieces of cold white bread toast, which was served only with marmalade -  he would have preferred a selection of jams. He did however say the saving grace for his meal were the eggs that weren't runny. He rated his breakfast 6/10.

The only problem that I had was that I battled to use the cutlery (!) - it is very thin knives and forks that they give you, and because the English muffin was quite chewy, it was a bit of a challenge to cut through it with the given cutlery.

DRINKS - Mug of coffee and Mark had a large Cappaccino (came with a heart) and a piece of chocolate cake - nice touch. I have realised that my favourite coffee is still my morning cup of Nescafe at home. Nothing wrong with this coffee, I just don't have a taste for filter coffee.

SERVICE - very sweet and friendly server.

VALUE FOR MONEY - very reasonable. Full English Breakfast was R54 and the Eggs Benedict R45

RECOMMENDABLE - It is OK, whether I will be back, I'm not too sure - at the moment there are quite  a lot of other places in Hout Bay that need exploring.


6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment