Sunday, 26 July 2026

Libby Audiobook: This Happened to me, Kate Price

 


This is a heartbreaking and deeply confronting memoir. What happened to Kate Price is horrific, and I have enormous respect for her courage in sharing such a personal story. By telling it, she shines a light on an issue that deserves far more attention and understanding.

That said, I didn't particularly enjoy the audiobook. The narrator's delivery felt very staccato and, to me, conveyed constant anger. Given the subject matter, that anger is entirely understandable, but listening to it for hours became emotionally exhausting and made it difficult for me to stay engaged.

The book is often recommended to readers who enjoyed Educated. While both are powerful memoirs about overcoming extraordinary adversity, Educated resonated with me far more. I found its storytelling more immersive and emotionally nuanced, whereas this audiobook left me feeling more drained than connected.

This is an important book, and I admire Kate Price immensely for having the strength to write it. My reservation is not with her story, but with my experience of the audiobook narration.

No comments:

Post a Comment