Wednesday, 2 September 2026

Libby: The Scammer, Tiffany D. Jackson

 


The Scammer was my first Tiffany D. Jackson book, so I had absolutely no idea what to expect.

Initially, I wasn't quite sure what all the hype was about, and I wasn't sure about the direction the story was taking. But somewhere along the way it completely pulled me in, and I ended up really enjoying it.

I got SO frustrated with the characters and some of the decisions they made. There were plenty of moments when I wanted to reach into the book and shake some sense into them. But I think that frustration was also part of what kept me reading. I was invested.

And then came the ending.
I didn't understand it. 😂 I finished the book, sat there wondering what on earth I'd missed, and eventually had to Google an explanation. Once I'd done that, it made much more sense, although I do think I would have preferred the ending to be a little clearer without requiring outside assistance!

Still, this was clever, engaging and very different from what I expected. For a book I started with some scepticism, it thoroughly won me over.
4/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐


No comments:

Post a Comment