Friday 1 August 2014

Restaurant - Andiamo, Cape Quarter, Cape Town

30 July 2014 - Lovely little quaint place at the old part of the Cape Quarter. We sat on the outside close to the street, which had a lovely atmosphere and was quiet. The other side on the quad's side is busier and noisier.

FOOD - my companion and I shared a HRM pizza  It is topped with mushroom, salami, ham and a whole lot of goodies I can't recall. The pizza itself was OK (Pappino's Hout Bay is still my personal winner). Anyway, although I was not loving the toppings, the base was delicious! Wonderful, crispy and tasty. They also served us a delicious warm bread baked on site, which I enjoyed with thick dollops of butter! I would have been quite happy to just have that for supper. 

DRINKS - the drink prices were outrageous! R27 for a normal tin of Appeltiser!! I know places make their money from the drinks, but this seems excessive. R27-wow. 

SERVICE - the server was very attentive, almost too attentive, but he made a good pizza recommendation and made sure that we were happy. The manageress did seem eager to get us going and paying. Brought our bill and machine before we asked for it. (It was not as if we were the last table to leave). 

VALUE FOR MONEY - fairly reasonable. Except for this crazy Appeltizer price. That really dented my desire to go back there. 

RECOMMENDABLE - OK 6/10. 

No comments:

Post a Comment