Friday 6 September 2024

Libby, Little Secrets, Gail Schimmel

 


An absolutely marvellous family drama! At the beginning of September I said to myself that I would like to read more books written by South African authors. I didn't realise that Gail Schimmel is South African so it was a marvellous surprise when I saw the Johannesburg references. I stayed up way too late to read the book.

We meet Jewish family Monique, married to Ben, their oldest daughter Rosie and twins Hugo and Cooper. Each chapter is from the perspective of either Monique, Ben or Rosie.

Ben meets Daisy and things start to unravel. 

Couldn't put it down, just had to know what was going to happen next. 

Only thing is that I am not a fan of present tense writing, but that's a me problem :).

Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment