Tuesday 11 June 2024

Libby Audiobook: Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow, Gabrielle Zevin

 


I saw on TikTok that @StephReadsalot hated this book, it was one of her first silent reviews that I saw and it stuck with me. Then, another friend said that she also did not enjoy it and it's one of the few books that she DNF'd. Not too long after that, another good friend absolutely raved about it. So, I decided, 'you know what, let me make up my own mind'. I borrowed it from Libby (bonus that it was an audiobook) and was on the waiting list for months.

I actually really enjoyed it. Audiobooking it, I went through it quite quickly. I think it might get a bit confusing and laborious if I read the physical book. 

We meet Sadie and Sam, and journey through their life of building computer / video games and their on/off relationship(s).

I enjoyed the different perspectives and voices/angles/stories that came through.

Quite sad in places.

I can understand that it won't be everyone's cup if tea, for me, 4/5.


No comments:

Post a Comment