Tuesday 18 June 2024

Libby: Grief is for People, Sloane Crosley

 


Jimmy Fallon did a silent review of this book on TikTok, mimed that it was sad but brilliant.

The premise of the book is that Sloane has a break in where her family jewelry is stolen, and her emotions around it, and saying you can't grieve for inanimate objects. Shortly after the break in her very good friend committs suicide.

The book looks at grief and dealing with it. I got Joan Didion, The Year of Magical Thinking vibes, who Sloane does quotes and refers to.

I am not a fan of present tense writing but totally get that that is how the author can cope with things right at that moment. So in this book, it works.

I found the book all over the place, which I get, when one grieves, you are all over the place. But I just didn't resonate, and just got too much towards the end, actually I think I clocked out for the second half of the book and read it just to finish it.

3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment