Wednesday 28 December 2016

Book: Byleveld, Dossier van 'n baasspeurder, Hanlie Retief


One of my all time favourite wind down activities on a weekend is to watch Channel 171 on DSTV; the crime channel. What is it about the macarbe and "whodoneit" that fascinates us so much? One of the other programs that I really enjoyed watching was "Die Byl"on Kyknet. A story loosely based  (I assume) on the work of Inspector Piet Byleveld. 

Much was my excitement when my Mom had taken out the Inspector's story from the library over the Christmas holiday. 

Each chapter is a different case that he had solved, f a s c i n a t i n g! I finished reading it within a day. How he ever managed to trust anyone having to deal with so many mass murderers is remarkable. Hanlie Retief has a wonderful way of capturing and relaying a story; a most enjoyable read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment