Tuesday 15 May 2018

Book: Een Lewe 'n Biografie geskryf deur Professor Dr C N Barnard enCurtis Bill Pepper




Ever since my first visit to the Heart of Cape Town museum a couple of years ago, I was fascinated by the first heart transplant. They played a video as part of the tour and I was hooked on the story, charm and achievements of Prof Barnard. So I was thrilled to pick up this book at a second hand book store. 

A wonderful December holiday read. I wondered whether I would still finish it this year. I battled to put it down! And was way ahead of schedule to finish it. It is a wonderfully well written Afrikaans book. I am in awe of his achievements, not too phased with his private life, although it is not too clear how much support his first wife gave him. 

There is a sequel, Die Tweede Lewe.

No comments:

Post a Comment