Tuesday 29 May 2018

Book: Amelia Earhart, her last flight, Oliver Knaggs


Yip, every now and again I do have a blonde moment...when I saw this book, I thought it was a documentation by Amelia of her last flight. I did realise soon enough that this would never have been possible as her plane had disappeared; Amelia, her navigator Fred Noonan, and the aeroplane have never been recovered. The hypothesis is that the plane that they were using to fly around the world got into trouble and landed (crashed) somewhere around the Marshall Islands. She and Noonan were imprisoned because they were believed to be American spies. He was executed and she died of starvation in a prison (how incredibly sad!). The book was written by a South African, how cool is that? I enjoyed his writing style and the journey he took us on to do research for the book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment