Monday 31 December 2018

Book: The Woman Who Walked Into Doors, Roddy Doyle

I honestly thought that Roddy Doyle was a comedy writer, this was not one of them.

Always keen to have a look at second hand books,  I was happy to explore a book sale at Constantia Village, all books R5!

One of the other buyers pointed out this book and said that it is very good and that I must read it. I was keen for another light hearted read and was happy about a recommendation.

There is A LOT of swearing at the beginning of the book; I found it very curious that someone would recommend such a book.

It is an incredibly sad and depressing book about a woman who is abused by her husband; with that said, it is written well and I finished it in two days.  (I didn't want to go into the new book with this depressing book).

No comments:

Post a Comment