Monday 9 June 2014

Restaurant - Lou Malnati's - Chicago


One of the first things that was mentioned to me when I said that I was coming to Chicago was that I should have deep pan pizza. I am more of a flat based-Papaccino's down the road kinda-girl, but happy to try something new. 

There are a couple of franchises across the city. Naturally I opted for the one within walking distance. The place was packed with a 15 mins waiting time. What was quite nice is that you can order your pizza while you wait as they take 30 mins to make (!). 

FOOD - The pizza I went for was the traditional Chicago one with a buttered crust (how decadent!). The filling is quite similar to a Margarita but has some or other meat in it. It was OK, a bit bland, but there was chilli flakes on the table which gave a bit of oemph to the flavour. 

DRINKS - opted for pink lemonade. 

SERVICE - fair, we waited some time for the bill. 

RECOMMENDABLE - if this is the place for deep pan pizza, try it out. I still prefer my thin-based Roquefort pizza from up the road. 5/10




No comments:

Post a Comment