Tuesday 3 June 2014

Restaurant & Show - The Second City - Chicago

When I did the Lincoln Zoo run on Sunday and standing in the long beer queue, one of the ladies I got chatting to recommended I go and see 'The Second City' as it is something very typical to Chicago.

I was uhming & ahing whether I should go - boy would I have missed out if I had not gone. What a fabulous evening. 

The Second City is where famous names such as Bill Murray, Tina Fey and Steve Carrell all started out. 

The talent for this evening was: 

It's quite an intimate area, with everyone cosying up, you can order drinks and food before and during the show. Pub grub / finger style food. The evening is filled with comedy skits and impromptus. A LOT of fun, I am always in awe by these actors that think so fast on their feet. It was the stage manager's last evening so we were treated by her farewell and and extra hour performance!

DRINKS - I ordered an 'Angry Orchid' ginger apple cider - delicious ($6)! They have a selection of wines, quite surprised at how pricey even the per glass prices are, the cheapest glass of white wine is $7.25! Just over R70 for a glass of wine! 

FOOD - had the tender chicken, basically three big chicken nuggets served with fries. It comes with tomato sauce and a choice of two other sauces, the waitress recommended chipotle and I also chose honey mustard. The honey mustard was my favourite. Quite a large portion, which I polished.

SERVICE - there was initially a bit of a wait, but once everyone had settled in the server was around more regularly. 

VALUE FOR MONEY - I sat next to two very friendly bankers also in Chicago for a conference - the waitress had put my food on their bill and they kindly paid for me. But I think it was about €14 in total. 

RECOMMENDABLE - yes! the show is brilliant and great to grab something there to eat and drink during the show. 

Show 9/10 | Food 6.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment