Saturday 10 January 2015

Race: Brooks Hohenort 15km Road Run



10 January 2014 - what a beautiful race. I was in two minds whether I wanted to do this race after last week's hectic Bay to Bay and I got home quite late from our strategy session in Durban last night (and my body had taken quite a beating in the waves!). But I told myself that if I wake up on my own sans alarm clock I would go. Yip, so I made the race!

Parked at Constantia Village, short walk to registration. Again so wonderful up see fellow Harriers and also seeing familiar faces from other clubs. 

Was quite a tough run with three hills, at least it was fairly downhill | flat towards the end. Only walked a bit up the last uphill. 

At the end, instead of a medal, socks and year running calendar was handed out. 

Feeling exhausted and very sore thighs. (But realise that it could be contributable to sprints we did on the beach yesterday :-D). 

Time: 01:44

No comments:

Post a Comment