Saturday 31 January 2015

Race: Lion of Africa 21.1km - Tokai/Constantia

It's been a blistering hot couple of days in  Cape Town, so the rain during the night brought much needed coolness for a Sarurday morning half marathon jaunt.

It was an early start 06:00. My running sidekick did not realise it was pre-registration only so I was left to my own devices for this one. 

I tried pushing myself to go a bit faster, but was wary of last week's ankle niggle that had made its presence known throughout the week. Wore my old shoes and thinner socks (had been running in compression socks) and this combination seemed to have done the trick. Ankle was fine throughout the race. 

Managed to keep up with other Club members for a minuscule amount of time, and when I couldn't anymore, was super pleased I could still see them in the distance. 

It is a beautiful route, even saw a rainbow! and of course a couple of uphills but nothing as hectic as last week's Kloof Nek Challenge. 

Tried running away from the big group bus, but alas I had to give in at a point - it was so much calmer and quieter once they were comfortably well in front. 

Time: 02:28:24 very happy to have completed it sub 02:30! 

Magazine & medal at end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment